I just recenty started work on the HGCE 1/144 Freedom Gundam. I did the usual eye work and trimmed the V-fin.
Eyes were pretty simple to do.
Unlike the RX-78-2, I do not botch the v-fin that much.
I decided to try out a color experiment this time around. Using a solid purple spray paint. After it dried I went over with a bit of metallic blue. It doesn’t look that bad so I tried it out on the actual piece I intended to color.
The Front of it looks like it came out alright. The back of it looks like it came out a bit too shiny.
I painted the other areas and put it back together. I did paint the vents and vulcans with a chrome paint. The dark section is a german grey. It adds a little pop to the brighter areas.