Just some updates of what has been going on. I have a MG Crossbone Gundam X1 ver ka, just have been keeping the kit pretty simple. No mods to it really. Looking to finish it up in a couple weeks.
I did purchase a Gouf Revive. Which is almost done. The seams that the shoulder armor did have. I have removed them from it. The kit is at a point that it just needs a topcoat put on it.
The Shizouka hobby recently ended revealing some interesting kits this year. I was completely impressed with the Hyaku shiki revive. So I am planning on building that. I’ve been waiting since the Qubeley was annouced to get this. I am still not sure if I want the RG Sinanju or not yet. While it is neat that kit uses a plated gold and gloss red for parts. I do not think I am that big of a fan of the suit. I am on the fence about that one.
The Hyaku Shiki revive on the other hand. Is looking awesome. It doesn’t really need to be gold plated. I am glad they are using some of the gimmicks from the MG Hyaku Shiki 2.0. The interchangable heads are pretty cool. I am soo using the search mode face. Overall the show was not too bad at all. Still have a Force Impulse to get and a Gyan.
Cause my work schedule has me soo busy. I am going to change the way stuff works on here soon. The update posts may be a bit less now. The way finished kits go up will remain the same. The posts about WIP and Etc. Are going to shrink a bit. Cause it will be simpler for me to maintain. I so far though do not plan on changing the Layout at all though.
My current job has been taken up a lot of my time these days but I do have some updates on models I have been working on. The RG Wing Gundam EW I started spray painting it a couple weeks back. I went with Italian Red for the red and a Dark Blue. I ended up running out of Dark Blue. So I am waiting to get more of it.
MG Exia, I ended starting up to relieve stress from work. I did encounter the loose joint problem with the ankles. I managed to stiffen joints there. I did paint most of the kit. What remains is the other weapons and pilot figure. Have to get batteries for the GN Drive. Plan on using LEDS for the chest and GN drive.
I will not be able to post as much cause of my job. But I will update when I can and put up finished kits.
Starting up 2016 is the MG Marasai I received as gift in the Reddit Secret Santa from Mattmunster. The Marasai is one of my favorite cyclops type mobile suits. I like the episode Reunion with the two marasai’s trying to act as one unit then it doesn’t work. The Marasai from Gundam U.C. is pretty cool too, to bad that the Sea Serpant weapon it was using in the episode it appeared in are on only the HG and P-Bandai Marasai Gundam UC kits. This is the initial build of this kit.
Going by the Manual order this time. So I start on the chest.
The Chest is the first thing to be built. Since I start out by placing the pilot in the seat and putting it together with the chest. I’m going to have a fun little trip taking it apart later to remove the pilot to paint it.
The way the shoulder works I think is pretty cool. But I’m guessing this comes from a kit way before it? I mean just the way it bends forward. I guess the 2.0 Zakus had this type of arm. I have one just haven’t looked at the manual like that yet.
Then we just slide these on the previous section I put together. Add one part to secure them in. So far no real fights yet.
Til I start adding the darker red pieces. The Nubs on these parts are pretty annoying. They are pain to get clear. The salmon colored ones not so much.
The first thing I do on the head is the green piping. These parts were annoying to cut and deal with. =_= They have large nubs on both sides after you take them off the runner. I try to clean up well. I probably need a better method for this one. The Zaku 2.0 runner with pipes looked more user friendly.
I put together the rest of the head. I like the position of the mono eye control on it. That little grey tab lets you control which way the mono eye goes. I think that it is pretty neat.
Clear bottom for a LED to Shine through it.
I just finish the rest of it up.
Arm work time.
I felt the arms were pretty simple. The shield for the arm on the other hand. I thought was a bit interesting. It has its own sort frame to it. It is cool. Deal with darker red nubs was annoying yet again but whatever. I’m painting this anyway.
The other shoulder has the individual spikes for the round shoulder. That have to be cut off and put in one by one. But it is very easy to do. Upper body is done. The red pieces are annoying to deal with the nubs. Some felt like they could used some better placement. Still fun though . I did have that same issue with HGUC Unicorn Marasai too long ago. So I don’t think I should be too surprised.
I have done some light detailing at this point. Since I do not build many Master Grades and it has been a while.
I decided to paint the vents and the area underneath the green part of the chest. I did some painting to the eyes as well.
I have been wanting to get my hands on the Master Grade Gundam X for a bit now. So my birthday recently went by and I bought it finally. I have a another kit to build before this one. Once I am done with that kit. I will start work on the MG GX.