Lurking in the works.

 photo IMG_20160515_165241_zpsjg7vfud0.jpg

Just some updates of what  has been going on. I have a MG Crossbone Gundam X1 ver ka, just have been keeping the kit pretty simple. No mods to it really. Looking to finish it up in a couple weeks.

 photo IMG_20160517_011118_zpseyshoadi.jpg

I did purchase a Gouf Revive. Which is almost done. The seams that the shoulder armor did have. I have removed them from it. The kit is at a point that it just needs a topcoat put on it.
The Shizouka hobby recently ended revealing some interesting kits this year. I was completely impressed with the Hyaku shiki revive. So I am planning on building that. I’ve been waiting since the Qubeley was annouced to get this. I am still not sure if I want the RG Sinanju or not yet. While it is neat that kit uses a plated gold and gloss red for parts. I do not think I am that big of a fan of the suit. I am on the fence about that one.

 photo IMG_9628_zpsczglsrx6.jpg
The Hyaku Shiki revive on the other hand. Is looking awesome. It doesn’t really need to be gold plated. I am glad they are using some of the gimmicks from the MG Hyaku Shiki 2.0. The interchangable heads are pretty cool. I am soo using the search mode face. Overall the show was not too bad at all. Still have a Force Impulse to get and a Gyan.

Cause my work schedule has me soo busy. I am going to change the way stuff works on here soon. The update posts may be a bit less now. The way finished kits go up will remain the same. The posts about WIP and Etc. Are going to shrink a bit. Cause it will be simpler for me to maintain. I so far though do not plan on changing the Layout at all though.

HGCE 1/144 Freedom Gundam (Revive) -WIP

I just recenty started work on the HGCE 1/144 Freedom Gundam. I did the usual eye work and trimmed the V-fin.

Eyes were pretty simple to do.

Unlike the RX-78-2, I do not botch the v-fin that much.

I decided to try out a color experiment this time around. Using a solid purple spray paint. After it dried I went over with a bit of metallic blue. It doesn’t look that bad so I tried it out on the actual piece I intended to color.

The Front of it looks like it came out alright. The back of it looks like it came out a bit too shiny.

I painted the other areas and put it back together. I did paint the vents and vulcans with a chrome paint. The dark section is a german grey. It adds a little pop to the brighter areas.

The Railguns and Wings of the HGCE Freedom Gundam

I had recently picked up the HGCE Freedom Gundam which is a part of the Revive line of the HGUC line of GUNPLA kits. It is 192, though cause it is 192 I do admit I am curious to what 200 might be. But anyway I did not start this kit my usual way. I tend to start with the head now a days. This kit I started with the Railguns and Wings cause I was curious to what was different about them.

The back part of the kit, unlike the other HG is 3 parts. These two gray pieces go together.

Then this dark piece goes on the back of the other two you put together.

It is certainly less parts then the RG, but it looks better then the old HG/RM so far.

The other half has a small double circle connection part that attaches the bigger section to the smaller section.

The two sections are then placed in between two white pieces. Then are folded up.

The backpack part for wings has a two peg connection on it. So it can connect to the back of the kit.

The the Plasma Cannons aren’t that bad at all. Not many pieces, so they did not take me long to construct. The one small section is three pieces. A grey part placed between two white parts. That part is placed between the two big pieces then the dark part goes over top of them in that spot with the vertical groves.

The Wings themselves look they use some ideas from both the RG and HG.

This part right here uses a grey piece that is a bit like the part off of the B runner of the RG Freedom Gundam. The blue piece being one piece and not being made of 6 pieces is different.

Then this wing section uses a tab connection like the RG does. So you have to line up the tabs and put them in.

Other two areas I put together go on that area of the wings pegs.

This side only has one peg on it. So it just goes in that hole.

Then you attach this peg to end of the small blue part with the two little pegs showing.

Then after doing it for the other side. They both attach into the backpack.

I do like the two pegs for the backpack. It looks like it can lead to pretty crazy ideas.